This table sets out the particulars of the Promotion.
|Name of promotional competition (Promotion)||Win a Coopers Tasting Experience at Mt William Station|
Nationwide News Pty Ltd
|Authorised under these permits/authorisations||
ACT Permit No TP 22/00879
|Promotion period starts||9.00am AEST on Wednesday 1 June 2022|
|Promotion period ends||11.59pm AEST on Sunday 24 July 2022|
Must be a resident of Australia and be an Australian Plus member during the Promotion period and at the date of prize draw. Must be 25 years old or over.
|Limit on number of entries which can be made by any one person||One|
|How to enter||Entrants can enter by:
- logging onto https://theaustralianplus.com.au and completing the online entry form in accordance with the instructions on the website. The cost of accessing the promotional website will be dependent on the entrant’s individual Internet Service Provider
Prize is a Coopers Beer Tasting Experience for 2 at Mt William Station on the weekend of Friday 19 August 2022 to Sunday 21 August 2022, that consists of:
• Qantas return flights from the nearest capital city to Melbourne for two people ($1,100)
• Transfer from Melbourne Airport to Mt William Station ($400)
• 2 nights accommodation for two people at Mt William Station ($1,150)
• Meals supplied for two people at Mt William Station ($700)
• Coopers beer supplied for two people at Mt William Station ($180)
• Brown Family Wine Group wines supplied for two people ($300)
• Coopers hosted beer tasting experience for two people at Mt William Station ($400)
• One Pearl’s of Australia Neoprene Bracelet Australian South Sea Cygnet Bay Circle 10.5mm B1+ ($365)
• Activities on Mt William Station (guided horse riding, fishing) ($700)
The prize is valued at $5,295 (RRP). There are 5 prizes to be won. Total prize pool is valued at $26,475 (RRP).
|Details of the prize draw||To be drawn by Trade Promotions and Lotteries Pty Ltd (TPAL) by random computer selection at 4.00pm AEST on 25 July 2022 at Level 2, 11 York Street, Sydney, NSW 2000.|
|Winner notification website (for publication of winner details)||https://theaustralianplus.com.au|
|Unclaimed prize draw||The prize will be held for winners and remain unclaimed until the prize expiry (19 August 2022) unless otherwise declined by the winners.|
|Prize expiry details||Prize must be taken by 19 August 2022|
Terms and conditions
1. The above Particulars and information on how to enter and prizes forms part of the terms of entry. Entry into the Promotion is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions. If there is any inconsistency between these terms and conditions and anything else that refers to this Promotion, these terms and conditions prevail.
Who can enter?
2. Entry is open to all persons who meet the eligibility requirements set out in the Particulars except that directors, contractors and employees (and immediate families) of the Promoter and of companies, suppliers and agencies associated with the Promotion including of any prize provider are not eligible to enter the Promotion. Eligibility requirements must be met at the time of entry and at the time of determining prize winners.
3. The Promoter reserves the right at its sole discretion to request winners to provide proof of identity, proof of residency at the nominated prize delivery address and/or proof of entry validity or proof of registration ownership in order to claim a prize. If a winner cannot provide suitable proof, the winner will forfeit the prize in whole and no substitute will be offered.
When to enter
4. Promotion opens and closes as set out in the Particulars (Promotion Period). Entries must be received by the Promoter in the Promotion Period.
5. All entries are deemed received at the time of receipt by the Promoter not at the time of transmission by the entrant.
6. Promoter accepts no responsibility for any late, lost misdirected, delayed, ineligible, incomplete or corrupted entries or delays in the delivery of entries due to technical disruptions, network congestion or for any other reason. SMS entries via the internet or computer generation and not attributable to a valid mobile phone account are invalid and will not be accepted.
How to enter
7. How to enter details are as set out in the Particulars.
8. Entrants must not:
a) tamper with the entry process;
b) engage in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the Promotion
c) submit an entry that is not in accordance with these terms and conditions;
d) use multiple email addresses, postal addresses, PO Box addresses or SIM cards to register multiple qualifying purchases or use any form of software or third-party application to enter multiple times (including scripting software) except where expressly permitted in these terms and conditions;
e) use a third party (including online competition entry site) to enter on their behalf, except where the entrant needs to use those services of that third party to enter due to a disability; or
f) engage in conduct in entering the Promotion which, in the opinion of Promoter, is fraudulent, misleading, deceptive or generally damaging to the goodwill or reputation of the Promotion and/or Promoter.
If an entrant is found to have breached these terms and conditions including this clause, the entrant will be disqualified so that they will have all their entries invalidated, any claim to any prize will be invalidated and where such an entrant has already been awarded a prize before being found to have breached these terms and conditions, the entrant must immediately return any awarded prize to the Promoter.
9. The Promoter has sole discretion to determine if these terms and conditions have been breached by any entrant. The Promoter reserves the right to request whatever documentation it deems necessary to confirm or deny its suspicions in this regard and any failure to provide such requested documentation to the Promoter on request gives Promoter the right to disqualify the entrant. The Promoter’s legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from any offender are reserved.
Number of Entries permitted
10. Only one entry is permitted per person.
Draw and Notification of winner
11. The winners will be the valid entries submitted in accordance with these terms and conditions that are drawn to be prize winners in accordance with the Particulars.
12. If any particular draw is scheduled on a public holiday, the draw will be conducted on the following business day.
13. The Promoter’s decision is final, and the Promoter will not enter into correspondence regarding the competition result or any other decisions the Promoter makes in connection with the Promotion.
14. The winner/s will be notified by email or telephone within two days of the draw. Winner/s of prizes will be published using their first name and surname and if the winner resides in SA their address (where the prize value is greater than $250) on the Winner notification website set out in the Particulars approximately 7 days after the final draw date and will remain on the website for a minimum of 30 days.
15. Prizes will be awarded to the person named in the winning entry. However, in a dispute, will be awarded to the account holder of the entry mechanism used to submit their entry (i.e. mobile phone account holder or land line account holder).
16. If an entrant’s contact details change during the Promotion Period, entrant must notify the Promoter. A request to access or modify any information provided in an entry should be sent to the Promoter.
Prize on offer
17. Prizes are as set out in the Particulars.
18. Unless otherwise expressly stated, prize values are based on the recommended retail prices at the time of first publication of these terms and conditions (inclusive of GST). The Promoter accepts no responsibility for change in prize value between now and the ultimate prize redemption date.
19. Independent financial advice should be sought as tax implications may arise as a result of accepting the prize.
20. Prizes cannot be transferred, exchanged or redeemed for cash.
21. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner must comply with all the conditions of use of the prize and the prize supplier’s requirements. It is the responsibility of the winner to confirm such conditions with the prize supplier or other relevant third parties.
22. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner may be required to sign a legal release in a form determined by the Promoter in its absolute discretion.
23. All entrants agree that if they win the prize, they will not, and their companions will not, sell or otherwise provide their story and/or photographs in relation to the taking of the prize, to any media or other organisation, without the Promoter’s prior written consent. Photographs will be allowed to be taken only at the discretion of the Promoter and the prize provider.
24. If the Particulars specify a time/date by which a Prize must be taken, then if a winner does not take the prize by that stipulated time/date, then the entire prize will be forfeited by the winner and cash will not be awarded in lieu of the prize.
25. The flight portion of the prize/s is not available to the winner if the winner resides in the same state as the state in which the event that forms part of the prize takes place.
26. Event tickets are only valid for the date or period specified on the tickets or by the provider and are subject to any terms and conditions imposed by the provider. Once awarded, the Promoter is not liable for any ticket that has been lost, stolen, forged, damaged or tampered with in any way. The Promoter makes no representations or warranties about the attendance at the event of any individuals or groups involved in the marketing of the event.
27. Gift vouchers are subject to the terms and conditions imposed by the gift card provider. Once awarded, the Promoter is not liable for any voucher that has been lost, stolen, forged, damaged or tampered with in any way.
28. The Promoter is not responsible for any acts outside of its control including without limitation, acts of god, such as adverse weather conditions or industrial action or civil commotion that may take place or the impact or effect of any pandemic or epidemic.
29. The winner/s (and their companion/s) is/are responsible for all other expenses including spending money, meals (unless specified), drinks, transfers (unless specified), laundry charges, activities (unless specified), incidentals, taxes (excluding departure and any other flight associated taxes included within the prize), energy surcharges, gratuities, services charges, passports, visas, travel insurance and all other ancillary costs. Travel insurance is highly recommended to protect against the additional costs incurred in the event of unforeseen circumstances. The winner is responsible for ensuring that they and their travelling companion(s) are fit to travel and have received appropriate immunisations and/or health checks prior to taking the prize.
30. The winner/s and travelling companions must travel at the same time, must depart from the same capital city and are responsible for transport from their residence to their nearest capital city for flight departure (Sydney, Tasmania, ACT, Darwin, Brisbane, Adelaide or Perth). If the winner resides in Victoria then the flight component of the prize will not be included, and the winner and their travelling companion will responsible for making their way to and from Mt Williams Station.
31. The prize must be taken by 19 August 2022 and is subject to hotel and flight availability. The prize is not available during peak times such as public holidays and school holidays (if applicable) and cannot be changed once the booking has been made. Air tickets are available on the regular scheduled services of each airline and are subject to seasonal embargos. Flight itinerary may have to be adjusted depending on the airline’s departure city and their current flight schedule. Frequent Flyer points are not available from any airline.
32. A credit card imprint or cash deposit may be required from the winner at check-in to the hotel, for all incidental charges. Once accommodation vouchers are issued, they are non-changeable.
33. Activities at Mt William Station are subject to availability and weather. The winner acknowledges and accepts that activities that form part of the prize are inherently dangerous and may result in death, injury, incapacity, damage to property or other losses. The winners are required to be physically fit. This expedition/prize is not suitable for anyone who suffers from a respiratory disorder, circulatory ailment, or physical disability that limits mobility. By entering this Promotion, entrants accept and acknowledge full responsibility for their decision to participate in this horse riding, fishing or any other Mt William Station activities should they be chosen as winners. The winners release the Promoter and other organisers, their related bodies corporate, affiliates, officers, agents and employees, from all liabilities, loss and damage of any kind arising at any time out of or in connection with the acceptance of, and participation in, the prize. Without limiting the foregoing, the released parties will not be liable for any injury, sickness or death, property loss or damage or other direct or indirect loss or damage of any kind, howsoever sustained or incurred, in connection with or arising out of the horse riding, fishing or any other Mt William Station activities or any other aspect of the prize. The winner acknowledges that they have been warned that there is a possibility of an accident causing injury, death or property damage in accepting the prize and that he or she may be excluded from participation in the prize if the Promoter or other organisers consider that he or she is not fit to participate.
34. Legal aged consumers should be advised to consider the safe drinking levels recommended in the National Health and Medical Research Council Australian Alcohol Guidelines that are available at: http://www.alcohol.gov.au/. Participation in this promotion is subject to relevant liquor legislation in each State, Territory or Country, including responsible service of alcohol. If the winner of the alcohol prize is from the Northern Territory, that winner will be awarded alternative prizes, at the promoter’s discretion, to the value of the alcohol won.
Further Terms and Conditions
35. If for any reason this Promotion is not capable of running as planned, including (without limitation) due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any causes beyond the control of the Promoter, including but not limited to vandalism, power failures, tempests, natural disasters, acts of God, civil unrest, strike, war, act of terrorism, epidemic or pandemic, or public health order, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to take any action that may be available, and (without limitation) to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the competition, subject to any direction given under State Regulation.
36. If the prize is unavailable, for whatever reason including (without limitation) due to causes beyond the control of the Promoter, including but not limited to natural disasters, acts of God, civil unrest, strike, war, act of terrorism, epidemic or pandemic, or public health order, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize for a prize of equal or greater value, subject to State and Territory legislation. It is a condition of accepting the prize that a winner must comply with all the conditions of use of the prize and prize supplier’s requirements. Each prize must be taken as stated and no compensation will be payable if a winner is unable to use the prize as stated.
37. Without limiting the previous clause, if the prize includes attendance at an event which is cancelled for any reason beyond the control of the Promoter, including due to pandemic, epidemic, public health order or illness of a performer, the Promoter reserves the right to take action under either of the previous two clauses.
38. In consideration of the Promoter awarding the prize to each winner, each winner permits the winner’s submission, image and/or voice, as recorded, photographed or filmed during the winner’s participation in the prize to appear in connection with the Promoter or any of its related bodies corporate or the goods and services of any of them or the advertising or marketing of any of them, in any media whatsoever throughout the world and the winner will not be entitled to any fee.
Limitation of Liability
39. The Promoter does not exclude any rights and remedies in respect of goods or services under the Australian Consumer Law in the Competition and Consumer Act (2010) (Australian Consumer Law) which cannot be excluded, restricted or modified. However, the remainder of this clause will apply to the fullest extent permitted by law and the Promoter shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or for any personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with any prize/s (including without limitation due to attendance at an event or travel undertaken when there is any current health warning, epidemic or pandemic declared which would apply to or could be considered to impact, effect or apply to the relevant event or travel) except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law.
40. The Promoter is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, either caused by entrant or for any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilised in this competition, or for any technical error, or any combination thereof that may occur in the course of the administration of this competition including any omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line or telephone, mobile or satellite network failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to or alteration of entries.
Entry details and privacy
41. Nationwide News, on behalf of the Promoter, is collecting the entrant's personal information for the purpose of conducting this competition (including but not limited to determining the winner). If you are not willing for this to occur, you cannot participate in the promotion.