Win a-once-in-a-lifetime holiday to the Galapagos Islands
Terms and Conditions – The Australian HelloWorld Promotion
Nationwide News Pty Ltd
- The Promoter is Nationwide News Pty Ltd, (ABN: 98 008 438 828) at 2 Holt Street, Surry Hills NSW 2010. Telephone number: (02) 9288 1202.
- Information on how to enter and prizes forms part of the terms of entry. Entry into the competition is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- If there is any inconsistency between these Terms and Conditions and anything else that refers to this competition, these Terms and Conditions will prevail.
Who can enter
- Entry is open to all residents of Australia who are the age of 18 years or older, except employees and immediate families of the Promoter, Helloworld Travel Services (Australia) Pty Limited, Latam Airlines and their associated companies and agencies. Immediate family includes the following: spouse, ex-spouse, defacto spouse, child or step child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step parent, grandparent, step grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step brother, step sister or first cousin.
- Entrants must be 18 years of age or older as at the date of entry in order to be eligible to enter the competition.
- The Promoter reserves the right to request winners to provide proof of identity, proof of residency at the nominated prize delivery address and/or proof of entry validity or proof of registration ownership in order to claim a prize. Proof of identification, residency and entry considered suitable for verification is at the discretion of the Promoter. In the event that a winner cannot provide suitable proof, the winner will forfeit the prize in whole and no substitute will be offered.
When to enter
- The competition commences on Monday 25 March 2019 at 00:01 AEDT and concludes on Sunday 07 April 2019 at 23:59 AEST. Entries must be received by the Promoter prior to the competition close date and time.
How to enter
- A code word will be published in each edition of The Australian newspaper and The
Weekend Australian newspaper, during the promotional period, along with on The
Australian website at www.theaustralian.com.au/helloworld or at www.theaustralianplus.com.au/helloworld from Monday 25 March 2019 (AEDT) to Sunday 07 April 2019 (AEST), inclusive. Each code word will be unique to that day.
Therefore, a different code word will be printed in The Australian newspaper and on The Australian website each day from Monday to Friday (five different code words) and another code word will be printed in The Weekend Australian and on The Australian website each weekend.
- Each code word published in The Australian newspaper and on the website will be valid for that day (this means until 23:59 AEDT each day until 6 April and 29:59 AEST until 7 April) of publication only and there will only be one (1) code word per day.
- Each code word published in The Weekend Australian newspaper and on the website will be valid for that Saturday of publication and the following day (Sunday) (until 23:59 AEDT) only. There will only be one (1) code word per weekend.
- Twelve (12) unique code words will be published in total over the Promotional Period.
- Each promotional day will be considered to be 00:01 to 23:59 AEDT. This is excluding weekends’ period which is Saturday 00:01 AEDT to Sunday 23:59 AEDT on 6 April. And 00:01 AEST to Sunday 23:59 AEST until 7 April.
- Entrants may enter the competition by either:
- Visiting theaustralian.com.au/helloworld or theaustralianplus.com.au/helloworld and registering their details including (but not limited to) full name, postcode, telephone number, e-mail address and code word as featured in that day’s edition of The Australian newspaper or The Weekend Australian newspaper, or on The Australian website to complete their entry. The cost of accessing the promotional website will be dependent on the entrant’s individual Internet Service Provider. Once an online entry has been submitted successfully, a “thank you” message will appear on screen.
- Entrants are required to take full responsibility for the content of their entry and for ensuring that their entry complies with these terms and conditions. Incomprehensible, incomplete and unrecognised entries will be deemed invalid.
- Unrecognised code words will not be accepted.
- Any entry that is made on behalf of an entrant by a third party will be invalid, unless the entrant requires the assistance of a third party to enter due to a disability.
- The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process, who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these terms and conditions or who has, in the opinion of Promoter, engaged in conduct in entering the Promotion which is fraudulent, misleading, deceptive or generally damaging to the goodwill or reputation of the Promotion and/or Promoter. This includes, but not limited, to entrants and households using multiple email addresses, postal addresses, PO Box addresses or SIM cards to register single or multiple entries.
Number of Entries permitted
16. Participants may enter as many times as they like over the Promotional Period but only one (1) entry per code word, per person permitted. If an entrant chooses to enter every day throughout the Promotional Period, they will receive a maximum of twelve (12) entries into the Major Prize Draw.
Draw and Notification of winner
- The winner will be the first valid entry submitted in accordance with these terms and conditions that is drawn by Trade Promotions and Lotteries Pty Ltd by random computer selection at 2 Holt St, Surry Hills at 14:00 (AEST) on Wednesday 10 April 2019.
- The Promoter’s decision is final and the Promoter will not enter into correspondence regarding the competition result or any other decisions the Promoter makes in connection with the Promotion.
- The winner will be notified by telephone and in writing within two days of the draw. The winner will be published in the Public Notices section of The Australian newspaper on Thursday 25 April 2019.
- Prize will be awarded to person named in the entry. However, in a dispute, will be awarded to the account holder of the entry mechanism used to submit their entry (i.e. mobile phone account holder or internet account holder).
- Should an entrant’s contact details change during the promotional period, it is the entrant's responsibility to notify the Promoter. A request to access or modify any information provided in an entry should be directed to the Promoter.
- Subject to State Regulation, an unclaimed prize draw will take place by Trade Promotions and Lotteries Pty Ltd by random computer selection at 2 Holt St, Surry Hills on Wednesday 10 July 2019 at 14:00 AEST. The winner of the unclaimed prize draw will be notified by telephone and in writing within two days of that draw, and will be published in the Public Notices section of The Australian on Thursday 18 July 2019.
Prize on offer
- One (1) winner will receive:
- Two Economy Class return tickets to Quito, Ecuador on Latam Airlines. Applicable to departures from Sydney/Melbourne Australia LA operated Flights. Travel dates must be between 01/04/2019 - 31/10/2019 or 01/04/2020 - 31/10/2020 and tickets are valid on Latam flights only. All travel must be ticketed on/before 30/11/2019.
- Accommodation: 2 nights at Le Parc Hotel (room: Junior suit) and 7 Nights on Ship ‘Grand Queen Beatriz’ (standard room). Note, this is subject to change.
- Meals included on board ship ‘Grand Queen Beatriz ‘: 9 breakfasts, 7 lunches, 7 dinners. Note, this is subject to change.
- Activities included:
- Isla Santa Cruz - Punta Carrion - Snorkelling (1 hour)
- Isla Isabela - Las Tintoreras visit (1.5 hours) - Dry Landing
- Isla Isabela - Arnolda Tupiza Tortoise Breeding Center including Flamingo Lagoon (2 hours) - Dry Landing
- Isla Floreana - Post Office Bay - Walk (1.5 hours) - Wet Landing
- Isla Floreana - Punta Cormorant walk (1.5 hours) - Wet Landing
- Isla Floreana - Devil's Crown snorkelling (1 hour)
- Isla Floreana - Post Office Bay snorkelling (45 mins)
- Isla Santa Cruz - Highlands Visit (3 hours) - Dry Landing
- Isla Santa Cruz - Charles Darwin Research Station (1.5 hours) - Dry Landing
- Isla Santa Cruz - Puerto Ayora free time (1 hour)
- Isla Plaza Sur - Walk (2 hours) - Dry Landing
- Isla Santa Fe - Panga ride (45 mins)
- Isla Santa Fe - Walk (1.5 hours) - Wet Landing
- Isla Espanola - Punta Suarez - Walk (3 hours) - Dry Landing
- Isla Espanola - Bahia Gardener - Snorkel (1 hour)
- Isla Espanola - Bahia Gardener - Walk (1.5 hours) - Wet Landing
- Isla San Cristobal - Punta Pitt - Walk (2 hours) - Wet Landing
- Isla San Cristobal - Isla Lobos - Walk (1 hour) - Dry Landing
- Isla San Cristobal - Kicker Rock - Snorkelling (45 minutes)
- Isla San Cristobal - Interpretation Center Visit (1 hour) - Dry Landing
- Return Economy flights for 2 from Quito to Isla Baltra and airport transfers.
- The total prize pool is valued up to $21,000 (including GST) as at Friday 1 March 2019.
- The Winner and guests must travel between the valid travel dates (01/04/2019 - 31/10/2019 or 01/04/2020 - 31/10/2020) and tickets are valid on LA flights only. All travel must be completed by 31 October 2020.
- This prize is for 2 people (winner and their travelling companion) on any guaranteed Peregrine 10-day Classic Galapagos: Southern Islands tour (PSGQA) in a Standard Twin or Queen cabin
- A black out period applies from 15 December 2019 to 15 Jan 2020 where no travel is allowed.
- There must be a minimum of four passengers already booked on the tour before your booking can be confirmed. Excludes Private Groups options.
- The prize winner must book their trip at least 56 days prior to the desired trip departure date to secure their spot.
- If a prize (or portion of a prize) is unavailable the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize (or that portion of the prize) to a prize of equal or greater value and/or specification, subject to any written directions of a regulatory authority.
- Trip is provided on a standard twin share basis and all tours are subject to availability.
- Winner/travellers must be over 18 years of age. Prize is non-transferable, non-refundable, cannot be sold or exchanged for cash, and cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer, including the Qantas Points offer.
- Additional expenses, including transfers to and from your local airport, visas, compulsory travel insurance, meals not listed in the itinerary, any optional tours and activities during free time and all other ancillary travelling expenses are not included in the prize and are at the winner’s expense.
- Booking conditions can be viewed at: https://www.peregrineadventures.com/booking-terms-and-conditions and more information about the tour including available dates can be found here: https://www.peregrineadventures.com/en-au/ecuador/classic-galapagos-southern-islands-grand-queen-beatriz-120225
- Unless otherwise expressly stated, prize values are based upon the recommended retail prices at the time of first publication of these Terms and Conditions (inclusive of GST). The Promoter accepts no responsibility for change in prize value between now and the ultimate prize redemption date.
- Independent financial advice should be sought as tax implications may arise as a result of accepting the prize.
- It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner must comply with all the conditions of use of the prize and the prize supplier’s requirements. It is the responsibility of the winner to confirm such conditions with the prize supplier or other relevant third parties.
- It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner may be required to sign a legal release in a form determined by the Promoter in its absolute discretion.
- All entrants agree that if they win the prize, they will not, and their companions will not, sell or otherwise provide their story and/or photographs to any media or other organisation, including the internet. Photographs will be allowed only at the discretion of the Promoter.
- Winner must accept this prize in writing between Wednesday 10 April 2019 at 14.00 AEST and Monday 15 April 2019 at 13.00 AEST. In the event a winner does not take the prize by the time stipulated, then the entire prize will be forfeited by the winner and cash will not be awarded in lieu of the prize.
- The winner acknowledges and accepts that activities that form part of the prize are inherently dangerous and may result in death, injury, incapacity, damage to property or other losses. The Promoter is not responsible for any acts of god, such as adverse weather conditions or industrial action or civil commotion that may take place. The winner must make his or her own enquiries about local issues and conditions at destinations prior to travel.
- The winner (and their companions) are responsible for all other expenses including spending money, meals (unless specified), drinks (unless specified), transfers (unless specified), laundry charges, activities (unless specified), incidentals, taxes (excluding departure and any other flight associated taxes included within the prize), energy surcharges, gratuities, services charges, passports, visas, travel insurance and all other ancillary costs. The winner is responsible for ensuring that they and their travelling companion(s) are fit to travel and have received appropriate immunisations and/or health checks prior to taking the prize.
- The winner and travelling companion must travel at the same time, must depart from the same capital city and are responsible for transport from their residence to their nearest capital city for flight departure.
- The prize is subject to hotel and flight availability. Any variation in the length of trip or cabin category will require settlement of the additional tariff directly by the winner at the time of booking. Retail rates apply at the time of booking and no changes are able to be processed once the booking has been made. Air tickets are available on the regular scheduled services of each airline and are subject to seasonal embargos. Flight itinerary may have to be adjusted depending on the airline’s departure city and their current flight schedule. Frequent Flyer points are not available from any airline. A credit card imprint or cash deposit may be required from the winner at check-in, for all incidental charges. Once accommodation vouchers are issued they are non-changeable.
- The winner and their travel companion are responsible for complying with health and any other government requirements that may apply to the prize. All prize travel will be subject to the carrier’s General Conditions of Carriage. It is the traveller’s personal responsibility to ensure that they have valid travel documentation, including valid passports and visas, which meet the requirements of government authorities at the relevant destinations. Any fines, penalties, payments or expenditures incurred as a result of such documents not meeting the requirements of those authorities will be the sole responsibility of the traveller/s. The Promoter makes no representation as to the safety, conditions or other issues that may exist at any destination. Entrants should obtain travel advice from independent sources, such as the web site of the Australian Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade.
- By entering the competition, the winner and their guest acknowledge they are able to bring with them with the required clothing for this tour at no expense to the Promoter or the other organisers.
- Travel must be taken at the time specified by the Promoter and must coincide with the dates where accommodation is available. If a winner and travelling’s companion are, for whatever reason, unable to travel on a nominated date, or do not take an element of the prize within the time stipulated by the Promoter then that element of the prize will be forfeited by the winner. Cash will not be awarded in lieu of the prize or element thereof.
- By entering this competition, entrants accept and acknowledge full responsibility for their decision to participate in taking part in the stay and flight component of the prize should they be chosen as winners. The winners release the promoter and other organisers, their related bodies corporate, affiliates, officers, agents and employees, from all liabilities, loss and damage of any kind arising at any time out of or in connection with the acceptance of, and participation in, the prize. Without limiting the foregoing, the released parties not be liable for any injury, sickness or death, property loss or damage or other direct or indirect loss or damage of any kind, howsoever sustained or incurred, in connection with or arising out of the stay, flights or any other aspect of the prize. The winner acknowledges that they have been warned that there is a possibility of an accident causing injury, death or property damage in accepting the prize and that he or she may be excluded from participation in the prize if the promoter or other organisers consider that he or she is not fit to participate.
- Legal aged consumers should be advised to consider the safe drinking levels recommended in the National Health and Medical Research Council Australian Alcohol Guidelines that are available at: http://www.alcohol.gov.au/.
Further Terms and Conditions
- Subject to complying with all relevant State and Territory legislation, the Promoter reserves the right to amend, cancel or suspend this competition if an event beyond the control of the Promoter corrupts or affect the administration security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the competition. The Promoter will disqualify any individual who has tampered with the entry process or any other aspect of this competition.
- The Promoter, Helloworld Travel Services (Australia) Pty Limited and their associated agencies and companies assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to, or alteration of entries, and reserves the right to take any action that may be available.
- If for any reason this competition is not capable of running as planned, including (without limitation) due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any causes beyond the control of the Promoter, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion take any action that may be available, and (without limitation) to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the competition, subject to any direction given under State Regulation.
- Entrants are responsible for any cost associated with accessing the promotional website. Access to that site is dependent on the Internet service provider.
- Any entrant found to be using any form of software or third party application to enter multiple times (including scripting software) will have all entries invalidated and any claim to any prize will be invalidated. If such an entrant is awarded a prize and then found to have breached this clause, the entrant must immediately return any awarded prize to the Promoter. The Promoter has sole discretion to determine if this clause has been breached by any entrant. The Promoter reserves the right to request whatever documentation it deems necessary to confirm if the entrant has breached this clause. An entrant must provide any requested documentation to the Promoter upon request.
- An entrant may not use a third party (including online competition entry site) to enter on their behalf, except where the entrant needs to use those services of that third party to enter due to a disability. If the preceding sentence has been breached, the entrant will have all entries invalidated, any claim to any prize will be invalidated and where such an entrant has already been awarded a prize before being found to have breached this clause, the entrant must immediately return any awarded prize to the Promoter. The Promoter has sole discretion to determine if this clause has been breached by any entrant. The Promoter reserves the right to request whatever documentation it deems necessary to confirm if the entrant has breached this clause. An entrant must provide any requested documentation to the Promoter upon request.
- If the prize is unavailable, for whatever reason, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize for a prize of equal or greater value, subject to State and Territory legislation. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner must comply with all the conditions of use of the prize and prize supplier’s requirements. Each prize must be taken as stated and no compensation will be payable if a winner is unable to use the prize as stated.
- The Promoter will make reasonable efforts to deliver prizes to the addresses provided by competition entrants. If a prize is returned to the Promoter because it could not be delivered to the address provided, the Promoter cannot guarantee that it will be able to resend the prize to the prize winner. The Promoter and its associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any damage to or delay in transit of prizes.
- The Promoter reserves the right to redraw the prize if an entrant who claims to be a prize winner is unable to satisfy these terms and conditions.
Copyright, Statutory guarantees, Waiver and liability
- In consideration for the Promoter awarding the prize to the winner, the winner hereby permits the winner’s submission, image and/or voice, as recorded, photographed or filmed during the winner’s participation in the prize to appear in connection with the Promoter or News Limited publications or the advertising or marketing thereof, in any media whatsoever throughout the world and the winner will not be entitled to any fee for such use.
- The Promoter acknowledges that the entrant may own intellectual property rights (including copyright) in any material created or otherwise submitted to the Promoter in connection with the entrant’s entry or participation in any aspect of the promotion (Works). The entrant does not transfer their intellectual property rights to the Promoter by submitting an entry. The entrant hereby grants the Promoter a non-exclusive, irrevocable, perpetual, worldwide licence to use the Works (including modifying, adapting or publishing the Works, whether in original or modified form, in whole or in part or not at all, to use, modify, delete from, add to, publicly display and reproduce, the photo(s), including without limitation, in any online media formats and through any social media channels, pages or accounts) for the sole purpose of running the promotion, promoting and celebrating the promotion and future promotions and agrees that the Promoter may assign and/or sublicense the Works to third parties for this same purpose. Should the Promoter wish to use an entrant’s Works for any other purposes, it will contact the entrant to discuss licensing opportunities.
- The entrant acknowledges and agrees that neither the entrant nor any third party shall be entitled to any fee, royalty or other consideration in respect of such licence. If the entrant holds, now, or at any time in the future, any so called “droit moral” or moral rights in connection with the Works, the entrant unconditionally and irrevocably consents, for the benefit of the Promoter and all of its assignees, licensees and sub licensees to minor alterations to the Works which may be required for print or display purposes such as resizing and minor colour correction notwithstanding that such conduct may amount to derogatory treatment of the Works for the purposes of the Copyright Act 1968 (Cth) (Copyright Act). All Entrants consent to attribution by either full name or social media handle in satisfaction of their right to attribution under the Copyright Act.
- In the case of the intervention of any outside act, agent or event which prevents or significantly hinders the Promoter’s ability to proceed with the competition on the dates and in the manner described in these terms and conditions, including but not limited to vandalism, power failures, tempests, natural disasters, acts of God, civil unrest, strike, war, act of terrorism, the Promoter may in its absolute discretion cancel the competition and recommence it from the start on the same conditions, subject to any directions given under State Regulation.
- The Promoter does not exclude any rights and remedies in respect of goods or services under the Australian Consumer Law in the Competition and Consumer Act (2010) (Australian Consumer Law) which cannot be excluded, restricted or modified. However, the remainder of this clause will apply to the fullest extent permitted by law and the Promoter shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or for any personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with any prize/s except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law. The Promoter is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, either caused by entrant or for any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilised in this competition, or for any technical error, or any combination thereof that may occur in the course of the administration of this competition including any omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line or telephone, mobile or satellite network failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to or alteration of entries.
- The Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these conditions, or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the promotion. The Promoter’s legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
- All entries become the property of the Promoter (with the exception of any intellectual property rights comprised therein). The Promoter collects personal information about you for the purposes of conducting this promotion. Any disclosure of such information will be made as required by law and in accordance with these terms and conditions but no further use of this information will be made without prior consent.
- All entries become the property of The Promoter (with the exception of any intellectual property rights comprised therein). All opt-in entries will be entered into a database and The Promoter may use the entrant’s names, addresses and telephone numbers for future promotional, marketing and publicity purposes in any media worldwide without notice and without any fee being paid unless otherwise advised by the entrant. By opting-in, entrants confirm that they allow their details to be used for this purpose. If entrants no longer consent to their details being used for future marketing purposes, the entrant should contact The Promoter on their details set out below. Any request to update, modify or delete the entrant’s details should be directed to The Promoter.
- Helloworld Travel Services (Australia) Pty Limited, on behalf of the Promoter, is collecting the entrant's personal information for the purpose of conducting and promoting this competition (including but not limited to determining the winner). If you are not willing for this to occur you cannot participate in the promotion.
- NSW Permit No. LTPS/19/32803. ACT Permit No. TP 19/02909. SA Licence No. T19/354.